Heart Rhythm Community
been feeling tired and slightly light headed. been a month since ablati...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

been feeling tired and slightly light headed. been a month since ablation

Hey all

i was just wondering if anyone else has experienced what i am feeling today. I had an ablation just over a month ago for what i was told was AVNRT. I had a slow pathway ablated too.I was told it was a complete success and my EP Dr was very happy with it.  Anyway i woke up feeling really tired with achy eyes and also have felt slightly light headed all day. This has made me abit anxious all day as i keep thinking what if it didn't get fixed after all. Then i'm thinking maybe the anxiety i've had since having the ablation has just made me feel abit down and taken it out of me.  I haven't had any palpitations though and no flip flop type beats.  I have been getting over a cold virus,so i have been wondering if it is just a side effect from that getting in the way of my recovery from ablation.
I was just wondering if anyone else noticed anything like this after their ablations?
Thanks for all your support everyone!
A month after my ablations I felt great. Usually it was just the first few days or even a week that I felt not quite right.

If you've been feeling OK the past 4 weeks but just woke up this morning feeling crummy, it may be a winter virus that's grabbed hold of you. The symptoms certainly sound like a head cold coming on. You say you've had a cold recently so it may have turned into a sinus infection or ear problem.

That's just my guess.
Yeah I will see how I feel tomorrow. There's alot going around atm. If I feel rubbish I may ring my dr.
Good idea, especially if you have a low grade infection cooking in your sinuses or ears. Feel better soon.
well i woke up today after a good sleep and early night to feel alot better. I think it is probably due to being at the tail end of a cold virus. I've found since the ablation i feel abit groggy when i'm really tired. So i'm hoping it was just a blip and i will feel better after a good weekend of relaxing.

Hey 'demps.  That['s good to hear.  Let's think about this for a moment:
Why are you feeling logey since your procedure? The procedure does not change the amount of blood being ejected from your heart.  Nothing structually changed.  With the exception of a possible small transseptal puncture they might have made if they needed to access the left side, no blood is being lost or exchanged to the adjacent atrium.  I'm sure they left your heart in a near normal state and as close to the way they found it, minus the AVNRT.

If you're like me, you can talk youself into a rare and serious ailment, and end up a  wreck. This is probably a cold or virus of some kind.  Let's get out there and kick some butt!
I do agree.  The immediate weeks and even months after ablation are filled with anxiety it's going to come back again and it is hard to resist too much pulse taking and interpreting every tiny palpitation as a reoccurence.  I suspect this is going to go on for a long time to come as there is no fixed time point where you can say you are cured - so we all live in hope!
Thanks everyone. I agree with you Tom and Jo, i think you can feel every palpitation or blip and think it didn't work. I have to keep telling myself it's all still healing and i just need to give it time. I woke in the night to feel  slight palpitations but it soon settled down within a minute or less. It used to go on for a good few hours before the ablation so that must be a good sign.
I'm feeling alot better then i was last week so it must of been a virus bug. I managed to do alot of walking at the weekend as i went out for a nice day of xmas light spotting in London on Saturday then christmas shopping on Sunday. I felt pretty good after, a little tired but good. So thanks again.
I had an ablation a week ago today.  I have been experiencing an occasionally atrial flutter, very soft and not annoying at all, but it causes me to have anxiety that my pvcs are returning.  I have checked my pulse many times too.  I haven't started exercising again, but thought that I would start today, very, very slowly.  I just miss the gym and my routine.  I'm afraid to get my heartrate up too high because that is when the pvcs started.  But, I have not had one pvc since the ablation.  Doc said I was cured of them.  Still a little tired too.  Deb