beta blocker interaction with potassium, insulin, calcium
hello. maybe some people already know but i just found out that beta blocker can caused hyperkalemia also it got interaction with insulin inhibitor and calcium.
could someone explain more?
it kind of confused me cause i thought and read that consume more potassium is important. and also i was thinking about the connection of BB to low blood presure, etc.
I can confirm BB causes a lowering of BP, in fact its use for that to correct high BP is  primary use of BB.

I have been taking BB for years, and while it lowered my BP too much at first it seems my body adjusted to it and my BP now is about normal to low normal.

I am not aware of ny specific problems with BB, but surely they are listed on the information that comes with them, and on the web.
Too little Potassium is not good, but too much in your body is deadly.  Usually Potassium level variations are caused by diuretics, like HCZT, Lasik, and Spironolalone.  Three month blood tests can easily track Potassium buildup or loss.
Hi! yes i do know that BB caused low BP but what i meant here was the interaction between BB and potassium and insulin, etc.
Yes i know that but i was talking about papers showing BB could induce hyperkalemia. also BB inhibit renin release.
"Insulin stimulates the movement of potassium inside of cells. Beta blockers cause hyperkalemia b/c they inhibit the secretion of insulin. With no insulin secretion, a masked hypoglycemia and hyperkalemia occur. Therefore the antidotes for beta blocker toxicity consist of glucagon and calcium gluconate. For the hypoglycemia and hyperkalemia respectively."

"Beta receptors are specifically linked to calcium-gated potassium channels, and their activation allows potassium to enter the cell directly. A blocker, therefore, will inhibit this uptake.
This is why giving albuterol can acutely affect the serum K+ level, without having to rely on insulin release."