beta blockers and slow heart rate
I am taking meds to control PACS but they slow my heart rate down to a crawl. I am a runner so already have a heart rate in the 50's- 60's. With meds it is in the 40's sometimes low 40's. I don't feel bad just tired and fatigued but was wondering if there is a limit for how low heart rates should go before it is dangerous. Any help would be appreciated.
If you are not feeling faint, dizzy or anything else out of the ordinary then your heart rate is probably fine.  Is your cardiologist aware of the rate?  

How high of a dosage are you taking of the beta blocker?  You may want to ask your doctor's permission to lower your dosage by 1/4 or 1/2 to see if your heart rate rebounds.  If you feel better on the lower dosage, then...problem solved.

I take Metoprolol.  When I began taking it, my HR dropped, as did my already low BP.  I have a tendency to faint sometimes, and on the BB my tendency increased 10 fold.  So, I dropped back to 1/2 pill and voila...my PVC's are manageable, my HR is more "alert" and my fainting has stopped.  

As for the fatigue...that starts to fade after the first two weeks or so.  Unfortunately, a beta blocker's job is to lower your heart rate, BP and generally slow metabolism.  The result???  Less noticeable PAC's/PVC's but sleepy you!!!  (I was a ZOMBIE on 25 mg).

Short answer?  As long as you feel okay and your doc is aware of your heart rate, this number is fine.

Thanks so much for your response. I am taking 25 mg of metaprolol split in half. Half in the morning and half at night. I also take 0.25 of digoxin and 5 mg of lisinopril. I have only taken the metaprolol and digoxin for less than a week so I guess it will stabilize soon. So far it has not really helped the arrythmias. If it does not help in several weeks maybe my cardio will change them. Thanks again for your help.