bradycardia
Hello

I have a low  resting pulse of  about  52  to  58  BPM     I used  to be  much  fitter and since I am less  fit  my  resting pulse has gone  down .  I am not sure  what possible causes are for this.  I have a  normal  echo and normal  ECG  except for a little  LVH  
I wonder  what the devil is  causing it         I have to say  that at  52  BPM  I get  worried,  I have borderline  blood pressure

Any ideas  ?  
Thank  you
A resting heart rate of 52-58 is not very low. Two important questions:

1. Does the heart rate increase as it's supposed to with exercise?
2. Do you have symptoms (dizziness, feeling of almost fainting, shortness of breath) with your slow heart rate?

If no to both, it's a sign that your heart pumps sufficient even with a little slow rhythm and you should consider keeping the fingers away from your radial/carotid artery :-) (in other words, quit measuring the pulse).

The LVH can have two causes. "Athletes heart" from heavy exercise earlier, and high blood pressure. Often, people with a little LVH (not severe LVH) can have slow heart rates as the heart is "strong" (a lot of muscle force). As the LVH develops, this effect goes away because the inner volume gets to small. At that point it's a serious condition. Maybe you should try to reduce your blood pressure? With LVH, the target is lower than 140/90 (often 130/80 or even 120/75).

mine goes down to high 40s sometimes.  I'm grateful I have no symptoms at all at that rate.   I can jump right up and run around, no problems.  we're the lucky ones.
When I wake up I'm usually at 48-52 bpm. When I go to bed, the heart rate is in the low 60s or high 50s, and during the day it's usually in the mid to high 60s even if I'm "resting". I blame it on stress, mostly. Also, I think the blood pressure has an influence. After eating a heavy meal, especially if I'm not drinking enough water, my heart rate can be in the 80s and the blood pressure is actually on the low side, like 110/55, because much blood is directed to the abdomen and the heart must work hard. That's when I sense palpitations (high stroke volume)
Very helpful  reply,  thank  you :)
Really helpful,  thanks
You're welcome, happy it was helpful :)
Take care, and follow up here whenever you have questions!
My pulse is 45 right now.
I'm not worried about me or you!

You know... these conversations remind me of threads from a Pro Sound Engineering community that I belong to. Newbies are all freaked out about their meters and the typical answer is: "You don't mix with the meters, you mix with your ears."

With runners/athletes - the conversation ends in, "Listen to your body."

So, don't fret the stats.