camomile tea reduce heart rate?
hi
i have a question, for the past few 8 months i have noticed my heart rate drop from 70's to 40's
i went to drs and they said i must be very healthy(did an ecg) i know im not lol..
the only thing i have been doing is drinking camomile tea somtimes 3 times a day,i it is good for muscle relaxing, body aches, stress, inflamation, i stopped drinking this tea as i realised the heart also has a muscle maybe the camomile tea is affecting it too in some way, its been a month nearly and my heart rate is slowly comming back up now it's in the late 60s.

can not eating wel as in malnutrition, extreme dieting cause low heart and bps ?

camomile tea is deffinatley a muscle relaxant so i wouldn't be shocked to see if it slows heart rate down...

thanks
I don't know if your experience is "typical" or not.  But your post is interesting to me as one of my problems is a high heart rate... I take two medications (at considerable higher financial cost than drinking tea) to lower my heart rate.  My doctor(s) have never suggested camomile tea, but they've never recommended any herbal treatments.
it took good few months of drinking it 2 to 3 times a day, my heart rate went to 45's and 48's, it was the only thing i had added in my diet and lifestyle apart form some exercise and weight loss, i only took it as i heard it helps you relax and fights stomach ulcers, the side effect from it may benefit many people if this is true,

i only noticed the low heart rate at a routine checkup, the nurse asked me if i had diabetes as it was in the 40s. my mother said what if its the herbal tea, i argued no way, but then i remembered its a muslce relaxant, i stopped it my heart rate increased in over 2 weeks and now constantly at 67 my normal rate was in the late 70's and early 80s.

im not sure if its the tea, but honestly from the tiome of starting it my heart rate decreased, stopping the tea, it increased slightly, it must be relaxing the heart muslce just like other muscles. Maybe it would be dangrous for people on medications to lower the heart rate as it may react.