Aa
A
A
Close
can you have palpitations with a low heart rate??
i'm just 30 yrs. old but i have had lots of health problems. i have already had 5 episodes of paroxsymal afib and i just had 8 days of viral pneumonia and right now i am still feeling like crap. i have high blood pressure but my heart rate has been always high and it can get low with atenolol but i did not take any today and something is not right. my bp was 179/87 and my heart rate was just 45. the past 3 days i keep feeling palpitations in my chest and throat especially when i am lying down. usually you feel palpitations with a fast heart rate but mine has been very slow the past 2 days for some reason...last night it was from 52-57 for a good 3 hours. does anyone here know if you can have palpitations with a hr of 45?? and can i take atenolol because my diastolic is very high but i do not want it to bottom my heart rate out ever more? i am confused now.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1569985 tn?1328251082
I would not take Atenolol with a heart rate of 45.  I think you need to see your doctor.  

When I have been treated in the hospital for Afib, my heart rate goes up and my blood pressure drops -- it's always a problem because the rapidly beating heart cannot fill properly and in trying to lower my heart rate, they drop my bp too low.

Your problem seems to be the opposite.  Again, I would get checked out asap.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Top Arrhythmias Answerers
Recent Activity
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank
506791 tn?1439846583
Blank
Piparskeggr is now 16 month out from th... Comment
14 hrs ago