Heart Rhythm Community
can't figure it out

Join others experiencing Heart Rhythm issues. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

can't figure it out

every time i skip a beat my pulse is steady but i skip beats  5 beats skip 14 beats skip 2 beats skip while this is happening get short of breath have to cough can last few minutes can last days continuing on and off. my beats are regular just miss a beat every so often  does this happen to anyone else at a loss as to what causes it never happens at the drs
sounds like you need a 30 day monitor to catch what's going on, have they tried a holter or event monitor?
Avatar n tn
I, too have fluttering and skipped heartbeats.  My cardiologist had me wear a monitor for two weeks.  I am awaiting results of the monitor.  I've had an eco-cardiogram, and several ekg's, along with bloodwork.  All came back fine.  I know it is very frightening when this happens to your heart.  Good Luck to you!
hi I live in australia and we don;t have 30 day monitors I have had 3 days monitoring but I never get the hart fluttering I'll have to wait until I get it again because it usually get them in clusters
A 30 day Event Monitor is different frrom a 24-48-72 hour Holter Monitor. An Event Monitor, you yourself, press the button and do the recording. The Holter Monitor records non-stop for the amount of hours it is running. See if you can get the Event Monitor to wear for the 30 days.