Heart Rhythm Community
cardiac arrhythmias would there be

Join others experiencing Heart Rhythm issues. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

cardiac arrhythmias would there be

58 year old male, pale, cough for a year  with yellow blood tinged sputum, pale, has been losing weight, a "wasted" appearance, dull ache on left side of chest. dyspneic,  HR 98  BP 100/78  RR 22 Temp 101.2  pulse ox 86%. positive tilt test.  what cardiac arrhythmias should I expet to see
  • tilt table (17 replies):
    I am having this test Wed. What is it like? What do the...[more]
  • Pain
    Posted By Lynne on June 20, 1998 at 16:15:09: ...[more]

This sounds serious.

We're not doctors, but in my opinion, this doesn't seem cardiac related. It seems to be a problem with your lungs. You do have fever and it seems you have a lung infection. 86% ox sat is really low and a sign that your lungs aren't functioning well oxygenating the blood.

Heart rate may be elevated due to fever. Again, in my opinion (not being a health care professional) you need to treat your lung infection as soon as possible. It seems like severe pneumonia, but only your doctor can tell. The yellow/blood sputum and the left side chest pain makes my suspection stronger.

Go see a doctor/pulmonologist as soon as you can.
I'm confused as to why a tilt table test was ordered before a chest x-ray!
Avatar n tn
Thank you for your input, I'm not sure if it's pneumonia or TB, but I guess I should have made it clearer when I posted, this is a hypothetical, not actual case.
Hypthetical case?  are you serious??!!!

If you need to cheat on your homework please don't waste our time.  This board isn't for tutoring, it's for actual patient support.
Avatar n tn
It's not a matter of cheating on homework, it's trying to prepare for a worse case scenario that could possibly occur.
positive tilt table test for what? there's a ton of reasons why the TTT would be positive - what symptoms?

as for arrhythmia's - why would any of this be related to the heart? who can say what you can 'expect' to see - our hearts are weird and each wired differently

do you smoke?

if this is a serious post, please find one of the open expert forums so a doctor can reply and get  you some help