chest pain
I have had sharp pains that come and go and only last about 3 to 5 seconds.Its been going on for 3 days now.Should i be concerned? It last though out the day.
I think you should be concerned, but, can you relate the pain to anything else during the day, such as: eating, emotion/stress, other?  If so, that may be the problem, you pain is just a reaction.  

You didn't say where the pain is: chest, arm(s), leg(s), back,...  

If the pains continue and you can't associate it with some unwanted stimulus, it should be checked by your doctor.
Thanks for your commit.The pain is in the center of my chest no where else. It comes on without warning i don;t have to be doing anything for it to come on.
In the absence of any other heart-related symptoms it seems unlikely to me that the pain is from your heart.

Of course, I know very little from your post.  If you have any reason to suspect your heart a visit to the doctor would be a good safeguard.