cough with pvcs
Does anyone really know what makes us cough with pvcs???? When my pvcs are at it's worst is when I cough the most.  My doctor's PA told me the cough is not an infection it is caused by the PVCs but she didn't explain why.  Can anyone enlighten me on this subject.....they are both driving me crazy, giving me chest pain and making me exhausted....thanks for anyone's input.

Jeri

Here is a short study that was done on PVC's and cough...hope you find it helpful...

http://www.pulmonaryreviews.com/08mar/PR_ChronicCough.html
Thanks so much for the link....I read it and I do understand a little more....but I was hoping to learn a way to at least get rid of the cough...lol... my doctor just dropped my diruetic a month ago because my Na was a little low...but even after a month, it is still  little low....it's very frustrating..... I appreciate your time and the link,

jeri
When my PVC's were ongoing and bad (for me, which was 5-10,000 per day), I had the urge to cough a lot.  I think it simply had to do with the non-rhythmic jiggling of the heart, near the lungs, setting off an unconscious need to cough.  As the PVC's diminished, so did the desire to cough.

Hope that helps.
That sounds pretty accurate because  I hardly cough when my pvc are diminished.  Read the link above if you haven't already.  My cough has been very bad lately...it's causing alot of chest discomfort.   Especially when I walk and I was walking a min of 3 miles a day...sometime 4 and 5 ...now I can barely do 1.5 because of pain below my sternum where the muscles contract when I cough....very frustrating...Thanks for the post.

jeri
And I think I read somewhere that taking a cough medicine can make PVC's worse, so that's not really an option.

I wish you success in getting your PVC's and your cough under control.