ekg reads normal sinus rhythm,left axixs deviation, borderline prolonged qt?
My 14 year old came to me saying feels like her heart skips a beat. Took her to doctor for blood work and ekg. The unconfirmed ekg says normal sinus rhythm, left axis deviation and borderline prolonged qt. Can anyone explain?
Losing my mind so scared.

thanks
An ekg means little unless taken properly and then interpreted by a qualified MD. That might be why someone has called this one "unconfirmed".

Normal sinus rhythm though is secret code used by  medical professionals for "the heart is basically beating normally".

Prolonged QT is a concern if there is a family history of sudden death (i.e. because you may have inherited long qt syndrome, a potentially dangerous medical condition). In diagnosing long qt, I believe they look for something on the ECG that is more black and white than borderline. Ask your doctor for an explanation: I definitely would not freak out about this in advance of the diagnosis.

Also, most people's hearts "skip a beat" once in a while. In a structurally normal heart, there is nothing particularly significant about this. If your doctor is concerned about it, he/she may order additional testing. I do not believe you will see the doctor express a lot of worry. It is quite common to find people with occasional rogue heart beats. I have occasional VT and I am not worried about it. (Believe it or not, there is also benign VT).

The axis of the heart is defined as the "average direction" that the "electricity flows" when you heart beats (depolarizes), as measured using surface electrodes. As with everything else in the human body, there is a range of values, and more to talk about the further you get out of the "in range" area. This is an area of interpretation that can be mitigated by an individuals particular framework/situation if it is significantlly out of range. Ask your doctor.

Like I say, someone qualified has to interpret this. So you will need to follow up with your doctor. If you want to appreciate an ecg in preparation for your visit with the doctor, I suggest reading the wikipedia article on ecg's for an overview.