Heart Rhythm Community
elevated heart rate.....

This patient support community is for discussions relating to heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

elevated heart rate.....

I have a question regarding my pulse.  My normal pulse is usually in the upper 90s, fyi.   Yesterday evening after work I decides yo check my blood pressure and it was elevated along with my heart rate (111-120)   I never felt it racing just when I checked it it was elevated.   Should I be concerned? ??  

I'm a 33 year old female.  I am overweight, high blood pressure and pre diabetes, which I
On medication for the blood pressure and I've been adding exercise for my weight loss.  I have also been told I have anxiety too!

Could it be that it's staying elevated BC I'm worrying about it!

Any advice is appreciated!!
It could be from worrying, but in all honesty excess weight and lack of exercise can cause it as well. There is a benign condition called IST that can cause this as well, but stick with the exercise, and diet, and if you notice some results you'll know what the cause is. Of course you could see a cardiologist, but you're not really experiencing any symptoms. My advise to you is stick with walking/speed walking everyday, and try to keep your heart around 130ish when doing so for about 1.5-2 months. After that if you feel well increase to 140-150 slowly.
Good advice above.

Your HR sounds too high especially if you are using beta blocker to lower your BP, as it also lowers HR (in most of us).

If you took your BP at a publice BP station (e.g., at the pharmacy) remember you were just active, walking, and the HR will be a little higher because of the physical activity.  When using one of these public machines and if there isn't a waiting line it could be best to sit for a few minutes before making the measurement.
Thanks for the advice!  I am definitely going to keep up with exercising an trying to loose weight.  I do think I kinda obsess about my BP & pulse a lot and I know that only makes things worse!!  Its just tough to calm yourself down when you get yourself worked up!  Plus the fact of obsessing about my hearts health.  I can sometime be my own worse nightmare...