enlarged heart
I am a 46 year old female.  Other than high blood pressure which is genetic I have been in good health most of my life. I was diagnosed with an enlarged heart about a year ago.  I have had high blood pressure for about 5 years.  Previous to my diagnosis of enlarged heart I had gone probably about a year without meds.  I now take medication regularly and have recently started to walk, and loose weight.  I am currently about 40 pds overweight.   What are the chances of my heart returning to its normal size and me being able to resume good health if I continue to walk and loose weight?
Hi SAS1.  

I am not a doctor; nor a nurse; but, I believe the chances of your heart returning to its normal size and you being able to resume good health if you continue to walk and loose weight is super!  

I have faith that this is extremely possible and that it can and will happen for you! :  )

Have a Blessed day in the Lord.  Be peaceful and happy.
Take your medications, I believe high BP can contribute to enlargement of the heart, I know too much pressure in the atrial chambers, e.g., leaky valve to ventricle (power pumping) can cause enlargement.

To your question, I have an enlarged left atrial chamber and I am several years older than you.  The surgeon who repaired my mitral valve said my enlarged atrial chamber could shrink back some now that the "back pressure" is gone.  He did not expect it to return to normal size.

I think the key is to stop the enlargement process.  That accomplished I believe continued good heath practices, including getting weight down to recommended level, will make you feel and look a lot better, and that will make help mental attitude which is also a big plus.