event monitor
Hi, I am just into a week with an event monitor. It is the type that records an event if it detects something or you have the option to record if you feel something out of the ordinary. The thing goes off every half hour. I asked the rep when I sent in a recording and they said that is normal. That it is a reminder to let you know that there is an event that was recorded. It seems strange as when I  activated this thing the woman I spoke with said it will make a short ring if it detects something and if you press it, you will hear a recording. When it is full it wilI have short rings continuously. I think it is malfunctioning. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing.  This is going to be the longest 30 days.
I am sure operation is both device and service dependent, so it may be hard to find anyone other than someone using the same arrangement who can answer your questions.  Talk some more with you technical support to be sure you get the maximum benefit out of the testing.

I wore such a device a couple of years back and mine went "off" if the HR just came up above some pre-set threshold - and it would give me an alarm.  I was then able to key in an answer if I had one, as I usually did, e.g., I was walking up a hill.  This code then said the high HR is to be expected/normal, not a problem episode.  There were other codes.  In any case, if your monitor alarms when you have an activity spike, then I'd say not to worry.  If it just happens when nothing is going on, I'd say it needs to be recorded for further study and whatever else you have been instructed to do.
Good luck on getting helpful information, a lot depends on you working with the monitor.
i wore a event monitor for 30 days, that only records when you have an episode and you push the button to make it record. i went through 3 monitors, because they werent working correctly.do not even know the results of the tests i sent in, because when i went back to the heart doctor, they called to get the results, they couldnt find them.was not pleased with it at all.i hope you have better luck then i did.
I have been on numerous event monitors. Some that record only when you activate it, and others that record automatically when you are having an event. The last monitor I was on was always beeping. I was told some of these monitors are very sensitive and record everything. Most of the recording were just skipped beats here and there. I remember one night, the thing went off every couple of minutes, and it only held 3 events, so you have had to call it in or the monitor would not stop beeping. After sending the recordings 3 times in an hour, I turned the monitor off and went to bed. I know you are not suppose to do that, but I just wanted to go to sleep! LOL!!