event recorder
i have had my event recorder for 2 weeks now and of course nothing real big happening.  I have had the event recorded a dozen times i think and its always the same its just pvc's do worry about it but i keep putting myself through it again.  I am allergic to the patches to hook the wires too so that is also a bad thing.  I do have anxiety but i think the heart skipping makes it by far worse then it really is.  I have had this for 30+ years and still not able to just ignore them, and they do effect my life.  Just had to vent.

Are you using the hypoallergenic patches? They are a little easier on the skin. I just turned in my 30 day monitor and am so happy to get rid of it. I wore the hypo. patches and still have some rashes and open sores but not nearly as bad as what I'd get from the regular dots.

It's hard to decide which events to record. With mine, I had 6 chances to record or 30 days, whichever came first. Considering I had 42 tachy times and 11 times of chest pain during that period, I was really pressed to pick and choose which to save. If you can record as many as you like, then go for it. Let them decide what's important and what isn't.

I think of PVC's as heart hiccups. That's all they are really. Just as your diaphragm would spasm and cause you to hiccup, sometimes your heart gives a little electrical burp and you end up with a PVC. It feels strange but it won't hurt you. Maybe it would help to think of them that way. Hang in there with that recorder.
nursechrista,

Do you mean that you have worn an event monitor a dozen different times?  

When you have had the monitor on, have you been able to record the "events" that frighten you the most?  If so, and the doctors have said it's nothing to worry about, then it will probably help you more to try and figure out a way to get past the anxiety.  Those of us who have been where you are, really understand.  If it comes down to anxiety, talk with your doctor about ways to deal with the anxiety.

Feel free to come here anytime.  Ask questions, make comments, share stories and suggestions and vent when you need to.  There are lots of great people here who have "been there done that."

Connie
I have had event recorder different times, along with a nulclear stress test that i just had and holtor monitors a few times, echo, and they say its just pvc's and some pat.  I just havent firgured out how to just live with them.  You would think that being an nurse this wouldnt be so hard for me but it doesnt make it better. I dont have near the pvc's others have that are on here, but i know everyone that does happen.  I am so tired of these and it still makes me panic when i have them.  
Were the PVC's affected by your pregnancies?  I'm worried that they will get worse when I get pregnant.