Heart Rhythm Expert Forum
extrasystole

Questions in the Heart Rhythm forum cover topics that include heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

extrasystole

hi . i am a man , 52 years old , 110 kg weight , i had an extrasystole in my heart , it was rare 10 years ago but during this month it happens so much that i am afried that the heart will stop suddenly , some times not happening but after lunch i have to sleep for a while but i feel that all my stomic weight & colon gases which i had too much of them are pressing on my heart & causing this abnormal strong beat that makes my chest feel it like a my heart is moving from its place & i couldn't sleep & it is 2-4 abnormal pulses per min. .
the question is  whats the causes & solutions for it , & is the gases & mechanical movement of the stomic a cause of this knowing that i am a heavy smoker & cofee drinking .
thank you very much ..
Tags: Colon
The causes and mechanisms of PVCs is very complicated.  I do not know a simple way to explain it and most doctors do not understand it -- can't do it here, sorry.

There is no easy solution to cure PVCs.  If you have a structurally normal heart, normal echo and normal stress test, PVCs pose little risk.  You need to see a doctor to help assess this though.  I see people several times per week with PVCs that frequent.  If your tests are normal, it is not dangerous.  There is no quick fix to get rid of them.

Many people comment on increased PVCs after meals.  I do not know the mechanism.

You are doing yourself more harm with the smoking than the PVCs will probably ever cause.  If you want to improve your health, I would recommend focusing on something you can change -- NO SMOKING !

I hope this helps.
thank you doctor for your replying , well i am a chemical engineer , i can understand some chemical & mechanical activities inside the human body the same as in industry , i think regarding my weight 110 kgs , there is a mechanical pressure up to the heart more over , the gases that i have in colon , thats why i feel it more when i am laying or sitting & bending forward , also some times when i decrease the cofee drinking or lose just 2 kgs of my weight the extra strokes would be less happening , & last , i know that there is a spot on the heart that organize the following steps of the stroke , is not that affected by drinking alcohol , smoking , anxiety , ..etc   ?
please suggest a test or more to do in my area , & i promise to send the results to you as i trust your opinion ,  thanks again  
I am sorry you are having a difficult time with extra systoles. I have missed beats in my pulse - at worst they are every two or three beats for hours at a time. I have been told they are harmless but they worry me a lot. However, you must follow the doctor's advice - give up smoking as soon as possible. I am sure you will find this reduces the number of incidents. I also find that mine are worse after a heavy meal - so eat light meals. I have given up coffee completely because caffeine is a stimulant and made them worse. I am sure if you make these small changes you will feel better quite quickly, but giving up smoking will really make a difference to all aspects of your health. Best wishes.