Heart Rhythm Community
fast pulse increase, then stays same before jumping up.

Join others experiencing Heart Rhythm issues. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

My resting HR is about 65, Little bit of movement (on pc etc) will go to around 80, walk around the house, up the stairs, increases to say 115.

Go on treadmill, and it will increase to 120 but not go any higher, until suddenly it jumps up (200+) in a single beat which gives me a light and rapid pulse (to light and fast to count), but gives me no symptoms that I notice. Still do gym/spin class etc.

If I slow down again (or stop), then again about 1min later, it suddenly goes back to 120 again just as quick. Bit like I have fixed gears. Rest at 65, very light activity at 80, most activity at 115-120 and then 200+.

BP is normal. Born with murmur, but told innocent and not had any follow up for last 20+ years.

Anyone else experience anything similar.

Everything sounds great until you get to the jump to 200+, that is clearly not normal and suggests your exercise may be triggering (I will not guess which) the high rate.  The fact it drops back in one-step is also not normal (assuming you got to 200 by working your way up, and 200+ is basically too high for us all no matter how great our aerobic condition - I'm not a doctor or aerobic expert, but that's how I read your "numbers".

When I ran on the road or treadmill and was targeting 160 and was wearing a monitor I saw a gradual climb and if I went over, to say 170 and then slowed down, but continuing to run, the read would slowly drop back.

If the problem is predictable it can probably be caught on a simple stress test in which you heart is monitored, no nuclear needed - but may want to do that anyway.  If not that the a wearable monitor can be prescribed and is you can make it happen the Holter monitor which is worn for 24 hours should get the data needed to diagnose.
Do you not think that, the increase to 80 on light movement, walking round house/stair up to 115 is a high increase in relation to amount of exercise.

The problem is 100% predictable, so easy to repeat during an ecg.
Avatar n tn
     I'm wondering if the pulse monitor on the treadmill is not working properly, and jumps up to 200 when it reads over 120.  Is it your own treadmill, or is it in a gym?  Has it happened on other treadmills?