Heart Rhythm Community
feeling faint,fast heart beat

This patient support community is for discussions relating to heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

feeling faint,fast heart beat

I'm sorry for posting again about this problem I'm having,but I feel just all around yuck once again and need to vent a little bit about what happened to me today.So I went to the bank to make some deposits,was in there maybe 5 minutes tops and i started to get that rush feeling through my chest and felt like I was going to pass out again.I felt my pulse and my heart was racing.I have the holter monitor so I recorded what happened.I hurried out of the bank and sat in my car and tried some slow breathing and it went away on its own,but since then my chest feels like its on fire and my body just hasn't felt right.Does anyone know why I still feel so bad after I had this happen?What could be making my chest feel so horible?I feel like its going to happen again.It feels like I do right before I got what I had in the bank.I know 20 minutes before time I don't feel right and then I get it.Im very frustrated once again.Its another long day of feeling like ****!
Hello...

There is never a need for you to apologize for posting too many question or the content of the post:) If you have a question or a concern, this is what we're here for.

You mentioned having the holter on and recording it...is this an event recorder? Have you transmitted this tracing for evaluation yet?

I'm not quite sure what this burning senstion may be from. I will say that if it continues, you really should have it checked out. I can relate to your frustration, beleive me. I feel like I am just keeping my head above the water...
Thanks!yes i recorded it and sent it through the phone.I asked if they could tell me anything and they said I had to call my doctor.My doctor isen't there untill monday so i have no answers.I hate the way I'm feeling and just want some answers to what is causing what im feeling.
Hello...

I always find that frustrating when you ask them to if you will...throw you a bone! I was lucky one time that when I asked, the tech went over the strip with me in detail...I felt like I had hit the lottery! Well, if it were something significant they would have red lined it to the Dr or whoever is covering.

Have you ever experienced anything like this following any of your rapid episodes? I guess, you could do 1 of 3 things...Wait it out until Mon, call your Dr's office and ask them to have the covering Dr call you, go to the ER if you are really worried. You are the best judge of how you are feeling and I would hate to think of oyu sitting around all weekend feeling worried and miserable.
Yea I hate when they say they can't tell you anything over the phone.I'm gonna wait until monday and call the doctor.I hate goin to the er because they never can do anything because when I'm there its not happening so I get sent home anyway.I just deal with it as much as I can.I also get the shakes from inside my body and sweat all at the same time I'm having these episodes.I forgot to mention that.It lasts for about 5 minutes and then I'm just left with my chest feeling like an explosion has gone off inside of it.
Hello...

I don't blame you for not wanting to go to the ER, but if you start feeling worse you should at least call the answering service at your Dr's office. Try to lay low over the weekend and Monday will be here before you know it!

Keep us updated with any news:)
Hi, I know the fear and frustration you're feeling.  When I had the event monitor on, I was told that if anything serious showed up when you transmitted the info over the phone, the doctor would be called and a decision would be made as to whether or not you should be given directions on going to the ER or riding it out.  I know that they do monitor what you transmit in real time as I had a conversation with them after transmitting.  I was lucky and the tech said 'not to worry'.  Small comfort.  I'm sure that if you had transmitted something really life threatening you would have been contacted.

It almost sounds as if an anxiety attack kicked in.  I live with those and when the heart goes a bit whacky, our minds tend to make it worse....I posted the problems I have after my stress echo....the racing and palps hurt and still cause anxiety which I logically know makes it worse.  Good luck and I sincerely hope all is ok.
Hey there.

I notice the same sensations when a racing heart episode is about to occur. (tachycardia)  I do feel very weird after I have an episode for 10-20 minutes until I can calm down and relax, but then still have the unsettling feeling in the chest for many hours afterwards, or even sometimes the whole day.

I have since then been able to control these episodes and curb the suspense appetite of more. The trick is to react differently to the sensations and categorize them in a different mannor in your mind. Our minds are very powerful to our well being, and we always tend to get stuck in a loop of anxiety which primes our 'fight or flight' response.  So once we've expereinced a sensation that is way out of the ordinary, or even if it's a different sensation in similarity to the same event, we tend to become irrational about these and start obsessing about the 'what ifs'.  "What if I'm having a heart attack," "What if I die", etc, etc...  These thoughts can lead us into either a very short path of panic, or a very long path of panic, it really depends on the well being of each person individually.

I hope you feel better soon, and that this can be of some comfort.  -- Zach