foods and palps
Just wondering if things with surgar can casue ectopic beats. The other day i ate 1 little slice of strwberry cheesecake and within 20 min after that i got those 1 big thumps for hours. Do you think in any way if this is becasue of the cheeecake due to the surgars in it. If yes then by all means i will never touch a cake again

thanks
Hi. I have had this happen with several different foods, at times.  Then, if I eat them another time, it doesn't happen.  The only way you will ever really know is if you try eating the same thing again and see what happens.

Right now, due to the holidays, I am overeating sugar (and everything else) daily.  I am not having any PVCs right now. I would be willing to bet that if I tried NOT eating sugar after eating so much of it, they would start up.  It seems to be that a big change can irritate, too.  
The vagus nerve ends in the stomach or something like that and is connected to the heart so eating can definitely trigger the pvcs.  Why some times it does and others it doesn't may have to due with acid indigestion or even simple gas.  I know there are times I can get a bunch of pvcs after eating and then at some point I let out a good burp and the pvcs go away.  So I don't necessarily think it has anything to do with a particular food but rather with the state of the stomach in general.  Obviously certain foods can cause upset in a lot of people like spicy foods but eating in general can lead to stomach upsets no matter what it is we ate.  But Rita has a very good tip.  If you ate something and the pvcs were triggered try it again to see if it gets triggered every time and then you know to avoid those foods.
Sugar, caffeine (including chocolate), MSG, fried foods, and alcohol trigger pvc's for me. Doesn't leave much good to eat, and if I do eat those foods, I know I'm going to suffer after I eat them. My doctors do think my problem does originate from the vagus nerve. I hope you can pinpoint the culprit that effects you.