funny heart rhythm
was just sitting watching tv and then all of the sudden my heart started doing some funny kind of rhythm, it was like a lot of pvc's and then beat really fast for about 30 seconds and then slowed down and beat reeally hard for about a minute and though i have had rhythm problems for at least 29 years of one type or another this one is a new one and what's really puzzling up until that point i hadn't had any significant trouble for about 6 months. The last cardio i saw about 1 1/2 ago said everything was good. All the holters i have worn have also said benign so i don't know whether to see my doc or just accept the darn things are back and they have changed things up on me. I do know i have gotten lax about watching what triggers them  and maybe thats it. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Hi Judy! I am with you on this, these funky beats can come out of no where and can really tare you down and make you a nervous wreck. If I were you, I would call your cardio or Primary Care doc and let them know what you felt and see what they would like to do. They may tell you it is no big deal or they may have you come in just to discuss it with you. :) Reassurance is a wonderful thing!
Thanks, after reading your answer i called and made an appointment with my primary care doc. you are right reassurance is a wonderful thing so am seeing her at 330pm today
Holters often show nothing unless you experience these daily.  I wore them before and when I returned to the cardiologist to have it removed, I'd say to him, "You find anything.  Nothing happened...."  He finally prescribed a 30 day monitor which caught two good episodes, and I was on my way to a treatment and in my case, a cure.  30 day monitor are easy to use and wear.  You only have to replace the electrode pads daily or after showering.  It's only a two leaded recording so they're easy to replace.  The little box alerts you when there's data to report and you do so by holding it up to the phone.
My primary care doc mentioned an event monitor and if this happens again i'll be wearing one. She is a good doc and really listens to me and also has no problem referring to a specialist. So if i get caught in the middle of another one of these episodes its the 30 day event monitor for me.