fusion beats
I had a ekg and it showed fusion complex with premature atrial complexes.  I know what pacs are but what are fusion complex and are they dangerous.  I have had ekgs, echo, holter monitors and seen a cardioligist. Am on atenolol 12.5 and having these fusion complex (after being on atenolo)l as it appears on ekg machine, i work in the lab so I just did one on myself and "caught"  that fusion complex. Is it the same as pvc?  The other day I had what I thought was a pvc  beat pvc and then a long .... pause  lot longer then usual, a couple seconds I think!! What the heck I hit my chest and started up again.  Boy it was long.  I am 30 years old. The atenolol makes my heart rate 60-65 hense that I have a lot of pacs.  I can't win.

Hi, a fusion beat or fused beat is a PVC.

Technically, it's a "late" PVC.  The PVC occurs so late in the cycle that it fuses or becomes part of the P wave on the EKG.  They're called fusion beats because it's almost part (or fused) of the next sinus beat.

There are 3 types of PVCs, early, middle, and late.  When the PVC occurs affects the pause length and how they feel.   In a structurally normal heart I'm not aware of any clinical signifigance to when the PVC occurs.  Perhaps someone will be along that knows more than I about them.

Fused beats are usually not a problem , or PVC\PAC's in general.  However if the PVC falls at a certain point, otherwise known as the deadly "R on T phenomenon", a single PVC can cause your heart to jump straight into V-Fib and cause sudden death.  I would ask the doctor more about what types of PVC's you have, the focal point, and the timing of them.
Calling R on T pvcs "the deadly PVC" is mis-leading and will cause undue alarm.  For someone with an already structurally compromised heart, MI damage, or bad ischemia R on T can lead to Vtach which might degrade into VFib.  maybe.

This thread isn't even about R on T so I'm not sure what your intentions are by posting alarming and misleading information.
R on T manifests as premature ventricular beat occurring in early diastole, and in most cases, it leads to serious ventricular arrhythmia or ventricular fibrillation.  I work as a RN in the O.R. and have talked to numerous doctors about R on T.  It is still not a well understood phenomenon, however of it happens it almost always ends in a serious arrhythmia.  The above post was talking about timing of the PVC , I was simply stating that it would be a good idea to have the focal point and timing of the arrhythmia evaluated.  R on T can happen to anyone, a normal person, a heart diseased patient.  Im not trying to give bad information, or scare anyone.  
There isn't much research about early PVCs, but here's a good post from the cleveland clinic that sums up

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Heart-Disease/R-on-T-phenomenon--PVCs-as-triggers-forSVT/show/253225

Be careful of the sites you draw facts from when doing searches.  Some of them might be very old and misinformed.
hi.i am a student of nursing at TUMS( Tehran University of Medical Sceinses)
can i have ur mail adress tu have communications and sharing ideas about Nursing?