Heart Rhythm Expert Forum
genetic heart problem (was no subject)

Questions in the Heart Rhythm forum cover topics that include heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

genetic heart problem (was no subject)
My daughter is 1 month old and she has mild pulmonary stenosis. My husbands sister was born with a heart problem, his mother died from heart failure, and his cousin just died from heart failure. These are all women, and all the women on his side of the family have heart problems. Could my daughter's heart problem be genetic?
I am sorry to hear about about your daughters pulmonary stenosis.  With a family history like that it is possible, but I do not know of a syndrome that would explain it--that is a little outside of my specialty.  It is probably worth seeing a pediatric cardiologist.  My understanding is that pulmonary stenosis has a very good prognosis.

I hope this helps.  Good luck and thanks for posting.