having my PVC ablation in 2 day (june 13th)
ok guys i'm having my pvc ablation in 2 days June 13th I have to be at the university at 6am. uhggg im having such mixed emotions. worried it may not work, scared for how I will feel during, after and recovery. I am to get off my rythmol starting tonight and no rythmol all day tomorrow but take half my regular dose of atenolol. that's the worse part about it all. I really hope it works. I also have afib so im scared the afib will flare up in full force for my recovery period and make me feel crumy, I have 3 kids at home and no support. I have someone to watch them the day of surgery and day after then its all back to me full time. they are ages 2, 4,13 so I hope my 13 year old helps me a lot. I know as soon as I don't take my rythmol ill be in bigeminy again :( cant wait for this to be behind me.
  my question is has anyone here had pvc ablation recently and please tell me about it and the recovery and the actual procedure?? any info will help??
I understand your anxiety completely. I do wish you had someone there to help you after your ablation. I think everyone's experience is different but I had 3 ablations and had the same concerns each time: recovery period, what if something goes wrong, will it help, how long will it take before I feel better? Each of my experiences was different in terms of recovery and effectiveness, so I can't tell you what your experience will be like. I can tell you that there are many others who have gone through what you are going through and even though we aren't there with you physically, we are there with you spiritually and emotionally. Maybe you can imagine us in a circle surrounding you as you go into the ablation?
I'm sending prayers, hugs, and support for you that you may feel better than you have felt and that your recovery goes well.
Good luck and I hope they fimd it and burn it successfully.
I have not yet had an ablation, so can't help with that.  I am sending you healing thoughts and know that you are not alone when you go for your procedure.  I love Mary's image of us all surrounding you and extending our prayers and thoughts to you.  Wish I could help with your after situation.  Your oldest sounds very mature -- ask for what you need.  Keeping you in my thoughts (((Hugs))).
In general I think most ablations aren't too big a deal with patients though I think afib and pvc ablations are a little more involved then the run of the mill avnrt issue I had ablated.  But in general next to surgery they are not as physically stressful on a patient.  Your heart may very well be jumpy for a time afterwards though getting your ectopics corrected you may find you are completely calm.  You could very well wind up feeling better then you have in years pretty much right after it is all said and done.  I do understand if you can get off the meds that would help you to feel better as well.  So though no one can say for sure how you will feel afterwards odds are good you will look back on this as not a super bad experience.  I do wish you the best of luck getting your issue corrected.  I will send good thoughts your way tomorrow.  Please let us know how it all went.  Stay strong.
Ohmygoshh thank you soo much for your kind words.  I found peace for that moment and will carry that thought with me right into the surgery room.  I live all you heart friendly friends.  Today is the first day with no rythmol, I feel just jumpy in the chest and can feel my heart beating harder than normal,  also pvc r kicking in greatly,  back to the anxiety and fear mode they bring :( can't wait to hopefully be free one day of these.  I haven't taken a rythmol since last night at 6:30 so 17 long hours.  My mom came over today to sit with me while I freak without meds.  Lol honestly I know you guys are the only one's who know my concerns,  thoughts,  worries,  anxieties,  and fears!  Please pray for me and keep me in your thoughts tomorrow ;) right now I'm having about 2-3 pvc's a minute while I'm sure the number will rise as the medicine wears off more.  This waiting game is no fun.  :, (
  Mary thank you for the prayer chain.  I appreciate it.and Michelle,  delta, also tom you are all so thoughtful.  Thanks
Hope the procedure went well. Like you I was a little apprehensive about the ablation procedure. All I can say is that it was the best thing I ever did- pvcs reduced from 16,000 a day to an average of 2 a day.  Not a bad result. The procedure itself was fine. A little sore in the groin for a few days and that was it. Let us know how you go.  A pvc ablation convert.h
Hi, thinking about you the past few days and hoping you are doing well. take it easy when you get home. I know that will be hard with your family, but most things can wait because your health is #1 right now.
Sending hugs and prayers and am waiting to see how you are!
Waiting to hear how it went -- when you are up to it let us know!  Sending you healing thoughts and wishing you success!
i just posted my story in my journal on my page :) thanks everyone for all your support and concern. i love this heart friendly website and my new friends.thanks everyone