health insurance
im in need of some help. i need health insurance but i just lost my job. now that i have palpitations im scared to drive or do anything. i went to the er and they did a ct scan with contrast and said they didnt find anything wrong. i just feel like crap. out of energy. all blood test came back good. i got a ct scan with contrast for my head last week but i havent heard back from them with the results so im guessing they didnt find anything. i went to the hospital for double vision and pain in my neck and the doctor said, 'this isnt an emergency im going to discharge you" just turned me away. i feel so powerless to do anything. no money. no job.  i just feel stupid right now. cant even go to sleep thinking about if im going to just drop dead. i do have an appointment for an angioscreen. thats only $40. im thankful for that. i cant see myself getting another job and going through this. i wont be able to do it. im 27 year old male with no family history of heart problems. and whats so bad i went and got my records from my last er visit and on the last page it said heart mildly enlarged. what does this mean? it also said on the same page all arteries are within normal limits. im so worried.......
Are there any low cost clinics in your area?  Some offer a sliding scale depending on your income.  Also, some bloodwork, cholesterol, bp, glucose testing is offered free at drug stores and health fairs.  Perhaps Social Services or a church group such as Salvation Army can offer some help.  Good luck to you.
In my state we have Charity Care for people who have no insurance. Also, the ER cannot refuse treatment to anyone, even if they are uninsured here. Like the previous post, check out Social Services in your state, and most hospitals have low cost clinics you can go to. Good Luck.
We Have A Free Hospital But They Push The Dates So Far Back It's A Shame. I Asked For An Appointment For Eye Care And They Said April 2013¡ I'm Like Wow Really? A whole lot Can Happen In between Now And The Four Month Stretches For Appointments. I'm New To All Of This. And Yes That Doctor In The Er Cut Me loose Quick. The Nurses Had Hooked Me Up To The Heart Monitors. Even The Nurses Looked Puzzled When The Doctor Did That