heart, stomach, or esophagus?
Hello...

I have a question I am hoping someone can relate to or possibly answer. Lately I have been having an odd feeling in my chest. It feels like something is flexing or it is a spasm of some sort, or an air pocket. Almost like a squeezing. Just a really odd feeling. Now these happen when my heart rate is low (around 55-60 bpm). I noticed when they do happen, my heartbeat gets very quick and erratic. The feeling only lasts for about 3 seconds and there is no pain at all or shortness of breath. Heartbeat is back to slow and steady after it is over.

Could this be an irregular heartbeat? something else? or an esophageal/stomach spasm that is affecting the heartbeat (i do have severe acid reflux). I been diagnosed with SVT that is controlled with a beta blocker. All other tests indicate a normal heart though I do have a incomplete bundle branch block. My cardiologist is not concerned.

I'd appreciate any comments.
The rare and short-lasting nature of your erratic heart activity sounds like it could be related to some other stimulus, e.g., your reflux.

I suggest you write down the time and physical details each time it happens and discuss your data with your doctor on your next visit.

If the frequency or intensity or duration of the event increase, think about making an early appointment.  

Your data will help a doctor diagnose and decide what tests would be the most effective....minimizing cost.
Hi jdb, did you ever find out the cause and solution? Your symptoms sound similar to what I'm going through currently and it would help me to know. Thanks in advance!