Heart Rhythm Expert Forum
heart beats in left ear

Questions in the Heart Rhythm forum cover topics that include heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

heart beats in left ear

For the last five years, I have been hearing heartbeats in my left ear.  Seems to more so when I am lying down on my left side, usually in the nite and during sleep.  Often it gets so loud and wake me up.  The heart beat is normal.  I had been sent for brain scan, MRI and all came back negative.  My ear doctor suspected dural avms 3 years ago.  So I had a 5-vessel angiogram done and did not find any brain tumor.  Till today, I still hear the heart beating in my left ear.  Sometimes, I just sit down, relaxed, and suddenly, I feel the heart beat jumped strongly in my throat - feeling a rapid lump gone through the throat.  I live a normal, pretty happy life with my small family and carefu with our diet due to high cholesterol which is below 100 with statin.  
Please explain to me why I am hearing my heart beating in my left ear.  Thanks.
I don't have an answer to that one.  I am not sure why that is happening.
thanks for posting.
I hear my pulse in my left ear to, but only when Iying down on my left side. I assume its becaused of backedup ear wax and I am hearing whats going on behind the  blockage, or the wax is working as a condcutor, magnifying the sound. I know the ear canal is rich in blood vessels so I would assume it would be possible to have a pulsation sound there.
I too hear my heart beating when I put my head down on the left side. I wish we could get an answer to this. Seems to common so someone should have an answer.
I too have the same thing, no matter what I am doing and also the left ear..how strange! I am gong to mention this to my EP when I see him next month!
Inside my left ear is clean of wax so it cannot be causing the pulsation.  On the other hand, you could be right too with a clogged ear of wax
I too have pulse beats in my ear as well.
I have told my gp about this. She said its a sign of high bp. Which I am on medication for.
Same here!! I have had it for years, as long as I can remember, I mentioned it to my doc years ago and he said it was nothing to worry about, I do get sinusitis so whether its to  do with that or not I really dont know. I have at whether or not I have sinusitis. I just move my head to a position where I cant hear it.
I have the same anoying problem. Recently my doctor ordered a CAT. It came out that my artery is laying on my ear canal. Probably causing this anoying heartbeat sound.
I don't have hbp, but my doctor gave me medication (very low dose) to make the heartbeat go away a little. I'm not taking the medication. I'm afraid is going to affect my heart later on.