Heart Rhythm Expert Forum
heart beats too fast

Questions in the Heart Rhythm forum cover topics that include heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

heart beats too fast
i am a 27 year old female. i notice that my heart beats too fast. sometimes after i smoke a cigarette or when i am laying down. is it possible that i may have a heart condition? it may not even be my heart but i can feel my pulse racing too fast.
Number 1: stop smoking.
It is always possible.  You should see a doctor to help you decide if you have symptoms concerning for heat problems like shortness of breath, chest pains, swelling in your legs, waking in the middle of the night short of breath.  The best thing you can do in the mean time is stop smoking.
I hope this helps.