heart block - slow heart beat (sinus to av block)
Dear all, my premature son nearing two years old is diagnosed with heart block from the 24hrs holter scan result, however the doctor is saiding the it is a 2 to 1 and occasionally 3 to 1 sinus block and the result is 'not that bad'.. he said that the pacemaker solution can be put on hold for the mean time but close monitoring and check up again in 3 mths time will still need to be done...

Very grateful if anyone can give any guidances/experiences on this condition...thank you all
Sounds like you have a pretty great doc there so i would definately relax a little bit. The thing is with preemies is that many times when they are born there may be heart issues because the baby is not finished becoming fully developed and alot of times the baby will grow out of the issues...actually especially with the heart of all organs.   Your doc is taking a wait and see watch on your son to no doubt see if it corrects itself naturally no doubt in my mind anyway.  I know its scary to you especially having a preemie but i actually have close friends (a couple of them) that has preemies w. heart issues and indeed they did as their organs became within normal limits grew out of it. Don't allow yourself to think about a pacemaker for a baby unless your doc tells you that this is your only option available and even then i would definately get a very experienced second opinion.  Like the doc says...everyone needs to just keep their eyes open for anything unusual and keep your fingers crossed...sounds like the doc thinks the odds may be with you because in matters of the heart i really think that bad news comes super fast from the docs...there is no time to spare whether it be a preemie or a senior....Godspeed to you and your son and i hope it all works out for you like it did my friends and these are two different couples......<3
Hi cindy,

Very grateful for your care, concern and guidances, every little bit of info and encouragement mean a lot to me at this time..

I am nervous most of the time although I don't show it...

Thanks very very much for everything again.

MSL3am