Heart Rhythm Community
heart flutter

Join others experiencing Heart Rhythm issues. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

heart flutter

About once or twice a day my heart will flutter of skip a beat. When my heart does flutter or skip a beat it lasts for like a second and goes away. Very rarely will it last longer and if it dose it goes away in about 10 seconds.I just want to know if this is really serious? I dont feel light headed or dizzy. When i feel it it just scares me a little.
Have you had an evaluation?  It doesn't sound serious to me, but you might want to mention it to your doctor.  I have had them (skipped beats) pvc's or pac's,on and off for 40 years, and until my bouts with Afib (hard to ignore because I have a rapid ventricular reaction with it) it has not harmed my health, except to cause panic and anxiety.  I take Atenolol, Xanax and now I am on Coumadin.
i use to have real bad anxiety and had to see a therapist but now im fine but sometimes out of no where my heart will flutter. ive been to the cardiologist and he said everything is fine but it just scares me when it happens