Heart Rhythm Community
heart irregular beat?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

heart irregular beat?

y chest hurts, between my breasts. I think it's my heart it's feels like it's beating fast, and feels funny, like heavy. It;s becoming bothersome.
I developed a headache last night which lasted to now. I took aspirin last night, did not work and this morning and did not work. So, I assumed it was allergies and took some zyertec D. Which did not help. My headache hurts by my eyes, and ears and head, like different areas. Right now it is not as bad, but hurts in the middle it comes and goes...
I slept and layed down most of the day, Is it because I'm stressed or depressed?

I think it's a heart murmur, but it's been lasting for hours...
Any ideas?

Sorry if I was vague.
I'm 18 and female.
Did your chest pain start after the headache?  Sometimes allergy medications will increase your heart rate or disturb the rythym of your heart.  Do you have a history of allergies or heart problems?  Have you ever been diagnosed with a heart murmur?  Is this the first time you have ever had this feeling in your chest?  You mentioned you are stressed and depressed..do you take medication for depression?  
All of the symtoms (symptoms) you posted to me sounds like full blown allergy effects.....like rilesnic said allergy meds are notorious for causing a fast heartrate.  Sounds to me like you are not so much as depressed as you are being sick of the situation.  You may want to call your family doc and find out what allergy meds are out there that won't cause this type of reaction.  It really doesn't sound heart related to me......good luck.
Yes, it happened after my headache. and it got better late last night, but is still there and right now. And no I have not been diagnosed with a heart murmur. I had the feeling once before, but did not last this long, it was about a year ago. So Zyertec can do that? on the box it says it expires june this year if that matters.
So, me taking Zyertec can cause this problem? I took it a lot last year and was fine. But, that could be true since it happened after I took some.
Rayne i think you may be letting this get the best of you and you are thinking wayyyy too much about this.  Your heart rate is well within normal limits.  The thing is that i would seriously consider is that we have another site here that is dedicated to people within your age group that i bet anything you will find alot of people who are experiencing the exact same thing.  It is a teen group for this same community and i bet anything if you log onto it you are going to find someone that is going thru the exact same thing.  Of course you are more than welcome on this site but alot of times when we all weigh in with one another people ages pop up because many times things are directly related to the age of the person and your being 18 probably 80% or better will be going thru what you are on that site.  The other thing is that you believe you have a heart murmur but haven't been diagnosed with it by a heart doc....you need to talk to your parents and find a better med for your allergys (allergies) and at the very least they can call your family doc to find an allergy med that does not make your heart speed up here.  Remember a normal pulse is between 70 and 120 so you are well within the normal range.  I think you can find the name of the the site on the right hand side of this site...for the life of me i cannot remember what the teen site is called.  Try to relax and the best advice i can give you at this point is first not to worry because this doesn't sound heart related at all and i have a pretty heavy duty medical background as well as alot of personal experience and the second thing i would do is stop taking the allergy meds until your parents or yourself find one that doesn't cause your heart to act up.  Good luck Rayne and we are here if you need us but relax.....
I hope you are feeling better.  Any medication can effect people differently.  Allergy medications are funny things.  I too have severe allergies...I cannot take many of the over the counter or prescribed meds b/c of the effects.  It sounds like the medication may have caused what you were feeling. I agree with Cindy...it does not sound like it's your heart, maybe just a reaction to the medication.  Best to you!
Okay, thanks guys. I guess I over-reacted. I do think it was the allergy medicine.