Heart Rhythm Community
heart palpations after picc line!!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

heart palpations after picc line!!

i just had a picc line put in because i am going to be in the hospital sunday and i started to have heart palpations only when i bend over, look down, or move my right arm (which is the arm i have the picc in) to the left. the nurse says its anxiety but there is no way it is. helpppppppppp
i also had my PFO closed last may but that may have nothing to do with it. just putting that out there in case it does.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Based on your symptoms, I think it is possible the the PICC line tip is too far in your superior vena cave (SVC), and had entered the right atrium.  A tip in the RA could irritate the heart and cause palpitations.  This would not be the first time I've seen this.  A good chest X ray should be able to tell exactly where the tip it.  Alternatively a professional could just pull back the PICC line 2 cm or so.

This is just a possible explanation and perhaps the PICC team has already excluded this, so please do NOT try to pull the PICC line yourself and discuss with the team.    
Blank
thank you for the response!
they took a chest xray and said the picc line was exactly where it was supposed to be..   i guess i will wait until monday when i go in. it is just so painful. the palpitations happen so often. every time i eat now too... its awful!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Recent Activity
86819_tn?1378951092
Blank
Healthscreen results
5 hrs ago by Bromley
6579347_tn?1388505968
Blank
mele48 One month anxiety-free! WOOT! Comment