Heart Rhythm Community
heart pauses while pooping?
About This Community:

Join others experiencing Heart Rhythm issues. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

heart pauses while pooping?

hi , i was just wondering if anyone can give me some insight
i have a heart arythmia and have been to multiple cardiologists and have been told i had a minor heart arythmia but overall i was healthy, and recently went to one of the best cardiologists in new jersey and he made me feel very comfortable with my diagnosis and gave me a great explanation as to what was going on with my heart

so fastforward to today i was sitting on the toilet and pushing my abdominal muscles to relieve myself, i was pushing a little harder than normal but not that hard when suddenly i felt my heart rate speed up to an extremely fast pace and i got a splitting headache for just a few seconds, right after my head started throbbing my heart stopped for literally about 3 seconds and then an extremely forceful heartbeat after wards, seeing as it's saturday i will call my doctor on monday and inform him on what had just happened i figured i would post on here to see if anyone could provide any insight on what had just happened to me..

thanks.
1423357 tn?1414258965
This is quite often a cardiac response to pushing or straining when having a BM. This is a Valsalva maneuver that abruptly changes internal pressure which can have a profound effect on cardiac rhythm.  This technique is often done to break episodes of SVT.  Many of us here have experienced the same same thing.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Top Arrhythmias Answerers
612551 tn?1450025775
Blank
1807132 tn?1318747197
Blank
Chicago, IL
995271 tn?1463927859
Blank
PA