Aa
A
A
Close
heart pauses while pooping?
hi , i was just wondering if anyone can give me some insight
i have a heart arythmia and have been to multiple cardiologists and have been told i had a minor heart arythmia but overall i was healthy, and recently went to one of the best cardiologists in new jersey and he made me feel very comfortable with my diagnosis and gave me a great explanation as to what was going on with my heart

so fastforward to today i was sitting on the toilet and pushing my abdominal muscles to relieve myself, i was pushing a little harder than normal but not that hard when suddenly i felt my heart rate speed up to an extremely fast pace and i got a splitting headache for just a few seconds, right after my head started throbbing my heart stopped for literally about 3 seconds and then an extremely forceful heartbeat after wards, seeing as it's saturday i will call my doctor on monday and inform him on what had just happened i figured i would post on here to see if anyone could provide any insight on what had just happened to me..

thanks.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1423357 tn?1414258965
This is quite often a cardiac response to pushing or straining when having a BM. This is a Valsalva maneuver that abruptly changes internal pressure which can have a profound effect on cardiac rhythm.  This technique is often done to break episodes of SVT.  Many of us here have experienced the same same thing.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Top Arrhythmias Answerers
Recent Activity
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank
Neck Pain Treatment QUICK FIX
Jul 26 by gymdandee
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank