heart racing at night waking me up
I have had the folowing test xray ,ekg,blood work,stress test all normal . I am still having sudden racing heart and waking at night with racing heart beat . This just started about a month ago . There is no heart problems in my family
I have never had a problem with my heart this is the first. The first time it happen I had a sharp pain in my chest it woke me up in bed . I went to doctor I had shoveled snow that day my doc thought perhaps a pulled muscle
caused it . The pain has ended but the fast heart rate is still happening. That is why I have had the other test .
I have just started new medication also about a two months ago. I am thinking could this be the medication causing
this ? Or should I try a heart monitor ?
What new med did you start? Do you drink caffiene or alcohol before bed? I would think a holter moniter would be good to see exactly what your heart is doing at night. I know mitral valve prolapse can cause that. Have you had an ECHO? I have tachycardia that comes on suddenly, but it is from my cardiomyopathy and arrthyhmias. I think is warrents further follow up. Debi
I think your right I am going to follow up ..Thank you for your responce.

AH873
I have also recently, and frequently, been awakened, almost always around the 3am hour by a fast heart rate. It also feels like I'm perspiraring more. Not feeling too hot, just warm.

When it happens, my pulse is often in the high 90's, sometimes it just breaks 100bpm. Do you have any idea how fast your heart rate is when you wake?

I attribute mine to peri-menopause because during the rest of the day I don't usually have a high heart rate, even with pvcs on every second or third beat. (and recent echo was normal).

I second Debi's suggestion at getting a holter monitor so you can see what might be happening when you sleep.