heart rate
what is the maximum our hearts can beat? ive read some people hr goes up to 300 is that for real? mines only gone to 153 during a panic attack?
I cannot help you here, because I have a similar question :)

I assume your question is: How high can sinus tachycardia be?

Ventricular tachycardias and some atrial tachycardias (1:1 aflu, etc) can get up to the 300s, that's correct.
I don't know what the highest is before the heart completely shuts down but i am one of those in the community that before my ablation was done moved into the mid 300's.  I do know the docs during the procedure generate a "potentially fatal" (that's the paperwork we sign before the procedure) arrythmia and heart rate so i am assuming that the rate goes up from the 300's but we are in a controlled area when the ablation is done so they can handle anything that comes up.  I personally never asked him how high he took it but that would definately be interesting to find out.  A panic attack may be much different than alot of our situations because many of ours are electrically based issues with other issues involved including atrial fibrillation and a variety of tach's.  The great news is tho that we are still here posting so i think many of us count ourselves very very lucky and trust me there is nothing that feels like a heart rate soaring into the 300's because of all of the adrenaline that is pushing thru our bodies...thank goodness that is a part of my past since i had the ablation a couple of years ago and hopefully it will stay locked away........
hi, how did you know you had a problem, im a bit anxious again the past week and sometimes i put my hand over my heart and feel like it beating normal then i'll get a load of beats like, beat beat beat beatbeatbeat beat beat, ive done ecgs last december and keep thinking about that bad panic attack, the heart doc said it was fine im lost? do i stop worrying or go back to docs?
Hi Kay.....the way all of us i think know we have a problem is that there is nothing that feels like atrial fib or an irregular heart rate.  It is not a situation where we can simply just put our hands over our hearts and feel weird beating trust me.....there is a whole string of symtoms that come with it and none good.  I seriously would not worry if your heart doc gave you the go ahead and said your heart was fine.  The answer may be to simply just try to stop yourself from stressing over it thinking that something is wrong when your doc has told you nothing is.  I think its very very natural to be worried that something may be wrong with your heart when you had a prior panic attack and it sent it soaring on you but that may have been an isolated incident caused from the adrenaline pumping thru your heart because you were panic ing.  There is a huge difference between placing our hands over our hearts or at the pulse points and what an ECG will read because the ECG will always be pretty accurate and without the proper training there is no way anyone of us could possibly know if what we are feeling thru our hands or fingertips is abnormal.  If it were my body i would try to do things to distract myself when i started worrying that something is wrong...take a walk, listen to music, go out in the garden, call someone and talk about anything other than your heart, There is alot more to it than just "feeling" something with our hands....so many other symtoms....try to find a way to relax and be happy knowing that you got the green light Kay...life is precious.....
hi thanks for replying, i should be enjoying my life with my two little boys but anxiety takes over sometimes, me my boyf and our two kids went alton towers lastweek, i got on a ride with my 4 yr old and got a thump in the chest (pvc) that ruined my day cuz i got thinking what if ive got a bad heart this rides fast it might go outa rythm, silly really. My younger sister was born with heart murmur and vsd and had to have open heart surgery to repair it, she had the op 6 yr ago and two weeks later she was doing gymnastics again, and im the one who worries not her,i might even consider seeing a councillor for help but they'll bring back memories of why i had panic attack