heart related
hi. so im normally an active person. i played flag football all through out high school and i played basketball non stop up until then. I am now a freshmen in college. I dont know when it all started but it was within 2012, but now if i walk up stairs my heart beats and i breath as if i just got done running. i am not big or fat or what you prefer to call it. it seems now if i were to do anything out of walking my heart beats really fast and i get winded. i have a little bit of breathing problems and find myself constantly needing something to drink. when my heart beats fast i can feel and hear it beat all the way up to my neck and i start to sweat. ive never had a sweating problem, but recently just walking non physical things make me sweat constantly. any suggestions on why this is? should i see a doctor?
I would say sweating upon mild exertion warrants a look by a doctor.  You may have caught some virus that affected your heart a bit and it may just need a little time to recoup and you will be all better but since you are experiencing new symptoms that seem troubling to you I would just go ahead and make an appointment to be seen by a doctor.  Take care and hope you feel better soon.  Keep us posted on how you are.
i made an appointment and they got me in right away. they did many tests and now im being refereed to a heart specialist because my rest rate is as high as someone running. hope all goes well though.
I also hope they are checking your thyroid levels.  Hyperthyroidism can cause a rapid heart beat.  If they took blood I am sure they are testing for it.  Please do keep us posted on how you are.