heart skipping a beat
I had a quadruple bypass in May, everything has gone well, except now I have noticed a missed beat here and there when I take my pulse. This only seems to occur in the evening after I get home from work. I am 65 years old. It does not cause any pain or other sensations. I have been a long term sufferer of anxiety and panic which is generally kept in check with medication. I am under a lot of stress at the moment but do not feel it is that overwhelming. Should I get it checked out?
I guess a missed beat hear and there every time I take my pulse (you didn't say that) would cause me to talk with a doctor to see about getting an EKG or other tests to see how the heat wave looks.

If you have a missed beat only sometimes when you check you pulse and you don't notice any missed beat unless you are taking you pulse, I'd not take any immediate action.

You mention anxiety and panic, so if the missed beat makes you more anxious and or worried/panic, I'd get it checked.  You don't need any extra stimulation of anxiety/panic problems.
Congrats on your successful surgery. Don't be discouraged or let anxiety get the better of you. Given your history of bypass surgery, it might not be a bad idea to give your Dr's office a call to let them know you have been experiencing. I feel confident that they might want you to come in for an EKG just to check things out.

Secondly, any amount of stress, even if you perceive it to be minimal, can increase symptoms.

Just give his/her office a call...you can only benefit by putting your mind to rest:)