heavy/congested feeling in upper chest and neck
On and off I have been experiencing (this is the best way I can describe it) a heavy/congested feeling in my upper chest and neck.  I get the urge to cough but it is non productive.  I do not have difficutlty breathing but I can't press on my chest or my heart will start to beat rapidly.  I also get very very cold with the chills.  

I had this on and off last year as well and even drove myself to the hospital with the belief that I was having a heart attack.  They did a chest x-ray, echo-cardiagram, ekg, and they even did a cat-scan with contrast to see if I had a blood clot in my lung. Thank God all came back fine.  

Since then this feeling has been sporatic but is now becoming more frequent again.  I have been waking up in the middle of the night with this and the panic sends my heart racing and so an "episode" begins.  I have been losing lots of sleep and am very tired.   The more tired I am during the day the worse this seems.

If anyone has experienced this or can help I would so appreciate it.  I don't knpw what else to do as the doctor has run all these tests.  I find it hard to believe that this can all be chalked up to anxiety.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!!!
I get the same feelings sometimes. It happened the other night, actually. Except I had a difficult time breathing and it hurt to breath in. The last doctor I saw said it was anxiety as well. I do have asthma, but it is very mild.

The only thing I can do is sleep propped up on a large pillow. I can't lay flat on my back or my sides anymore. The heaviness and breathing get too difficult
I do sometimes have difficulty breathing upon taking a deep breath but for the most part it is this heavy/congested feeling.

I too have to sleep propped up on a big pillow and the anticipation of it happening does build some level of anxiety.  As far as I know  I do not have asthma but I have started developing some allergies.

I'm only afraid that something is wrong that the doctors have not diagnosed.  If this is anxiety than the big question is "what's my problem and what am I so stressed about".  If I wasn't crazy before I am sure getting there.

Thank You for responding I do appreciate your help!!