high cardio crp
I have a lot of tonsilitis & strep throat.  My cardio CRP was 20.1 last year & this year was 21.4.  Could the infectiions be the reason for such high results?
I don't think there is anything known as "Cardio CRP".

There is a test known as high-sensitive CRP. "Normal" CRP tests have a negative cut-off value of 5 or 8 mg/l, in other words, anything below that is marked "negative". The reason is that infections (such as tonsilitis, strep infections, colds, flu, almost anything) will, if they exist, cause a CRP value far higher than 5 or 8 mg/l, so they are used to rule out infections.

High-sensitive CRP, on the other hand, detects CRP values with very high accuracy. The reason for testing is that in the absence of known infections, the little CRP that exist in the blood, may be a result of a chronic infection in the blood vessels, which is a marker of future cardiovascular disease.

You should NOT test high-sensitive CRP when you have an ongoing infection, as the result will reflect your infection and not necessarily the presence of any heart disease. Even if you don't have a known infection, the CRP may be increased due to unknown infections (which you of course should get investigated). CRP is CRP, no matter which part of the body that has an ongoing infection, in contrast to heart enzymes (troponine, CK-MB) that are cardioselective and indicators of heart damage.

I suggest that you get your CRP tested sometime you don't suffer any infections, if you want to see if your risk of cardiovascular disease is high. Discuss it with your doctor, as we are not doctors.

Take care! :)