Heart Rhythm Community
hyperactive left ventricle

This patient support community is for discussions relating to heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

hyperactive left ventricle

HI doctor.

i am an chinese female with 26 years old with seldom exercise

recently i have heart beat problem and doctor do the ECG and 2D echo and the result is as follow..

ECG
vent rate:108 bpm
PR interval: 162ms
QRS duration 88ms
QT/QTC 332/444 ms
P-R-T axes 71 104 39
summary is Possible right ventricular hypertrophy

2D echo
interpretation summary
Good overall LV systolic function
HYPERACTIVE LEFT VENTRICLE
No regional wall motion abnormalities
Normal LA and LV dimensions
All valves appear normal
Right heart is normal in size and function
No thrombus
intact speta
Normal pericardia spaces

Color- normal flow
Transtricuspid gradient -Normal.

SO what wrong with me.. i just feel some minor short of breath. my heigh is 165 with 49kg

done the blood test and come out normal result for lympocytes, white blood cell count MCV....etc

CAN ANYONE TELL ME what wrong with the hyperactive left ventricle?

thank you
Are you referring to the "possible RIGHT ventricular HYPERTROPHY"?   That means the right ventricle meets certain criteria for hypertrophy on an EKG, which means enlargement.  You mentioned left, I don't see that in your tests or is it a typo?

The only way I can think of to confirm if your right ventricle is in fact enlarged would be with an echo.
Hi.

No, you don't have right ventricular hypertrophy, that is ruled out on your echocardiogram.

As I can see from your ECG your heart rate was quite high (a bit nervous before the echocardiogram i guess?). With higher heartrate it's normal for your heart axis (the R axis) to turn a bit towards right (normal interval is 0-90 degrees), possibly caused by the electrical system in right ventricle to be more active, not sure about this, though. The ECG machine interprets this as an enlarged right ventricle.

Your echo seems fine, too. Hyperactive left ventricle means that your left ventricle (the one side of your heart that pumps oxygenated blood to your body) is supposed to pump 50-70% of its blood out each heartbeat, and in your case it's either 70% or a little higher.

This is actually the opposite of heart failure. From what I know, it's low ventricle output that is dangerous and not high. Within limits, of course.

Did the doctor make a big point out of this? If not, I seriously doubt this is dangerous, especially since your left ventricle dimentions were fine, without any hypertrophy.

PS: If you want to ask a doctor, you must use the expert forum.