i get heart palpitations will i have a heart attack???
hi everyone i get heart palpitations and they sometimes make me feel dizzy! am i going to have a heart attack, i know im probably just going over the top  but i cant help but wonder!! plus i had a baby naturally(no pain relieff ) 5 months ago and if there was a big problem with my heart do you think something would have happened then or not, please help as these palpitations are getting me down and scaring me! x
First, have you spoken with your doctor (gp, ob/gyn) about this?  If not, you should, not because I think you are in any danger, but because doctors need to know what's bothering you.

Second, if you've ever been hooked up to a heart monitor, as during childbirth, and nothing funny turned up under those circumstances (!), your ticker is probably fine.

Third, if you're a woman, and your are young, your heart is probably fine.

Fourth, if you are scared about palpitations, then there is good news and good information about there. Try typing this link into a google search box:

cardiology/forums/backup/topic-24286.html

Read the entry titled "Do PVCs lead to v-tach?" for a good explanation of what palpitations are.

Fifth, once again, tell your doctor about your worries.
Just because you are having heart palpitations does not mean you are going to have a heart attack!  Everyone has heart palpitations at one time or another.  Have you head your thyroid checked?  It is not uncommon for you to be hypothyroid after having a baby.  

You should definitely talk to your doctor.  You need an ekg at the least and maybe a 24 hour monitor.  Most likely, your heart will be normal.  Your palpitations could even be hormonal or maybe you're not drinking enough.  Sometimes, when we are new moms, we are so focused on the baby that we forget to take care of ourselves.  And then of course, it is stressful enough having a baby!  That in and of itself can give you palpitations!

You will be ok.
Oops...sorry.  I meant to post my comment to amieb474.
You are just having a panic attacks. Thats what
I had after I gave birth. Everything is fine with you.
You can go to the cardiologist for check up, that
Way you will feel good after the visit. Good luck!