inverted t
What is inverted t ?
Hello...

T Wave Inversion in Precordial Leads Inverted T waves are a very non-specific finding. inverted t-waves can also be a normal variant for you. It does not necessarily mean there is something wrong with your heart.

Many people with completely normal hearts have non-specific changes on their EKG's
Again, there is no way to determine the significance of any "non-specific" change with out a full history and physical exam.

What is your history? Have you had more tests besides an EKG?

A few months ago my husband was admitted to the hospital for a-Fib, then, about a month or so later, 7/3/09, he had a heart attack and they put in a stent on the 4th.  Not the kind of fireworks we were expecting.  Today, we went to see his cardiologist who ran an EKG and said his t-waves were inverted and she has set up a chemical induced stress test, he had another one while he was in the hospital for the heart attack and stent, for Monday morning.  I guess what I'm asking is what can we expect if the stress test isn't good?  Another stent?  Cath?  By-Pass?  My husband is 71.  She said it was in the front of his heart, on a different side from where the stent was put in.  Another blockage maybe?    
You would probably do better making your own original post, but as I opened this post just because it seemed strange to me such an old post, December of last year, would appear again at the top of the list.

First let me say AFib is in general not life threatening and is not related to my knowledge to any artery blockage problems.

That said, I believe a stress test is run to check how well the heart muscles are getting blood.  This includes the "heavy duty" nuclear stress test.  I believe if one "passes" a stress test it is clear there are no artery problems.  If on 'fails" a stress (including nuclear) test, I 've done it a time or two myself, it is a MAYBE problem.  Given there was no emergency present, one would then undergo a heart catheter exam.  In my case when I failed a nuclear stress test, the catheter test gave me a clean bill, the nuclear alarm was in error.  The catheter would provide the information the doctor needs to recommend a corrective action, including a stent or a bypass.
Thank you for your response.  I'm concerned about the stress test because the doctor seemed to be real concerned and wanted the test done asap.  We hope it's nothing serious, but then again, an inverted t-wave, in my husband's case, could be a signal that sudden cardiac death is possible.  It's very scary for us.