irregular heartbeat caused by antibiotics
For an Upper Respitory infection, I was put on Azithromycin at 500 mg once a day for 3 days. On my 2nd dose, I started having an irregular heartbeat.  PAC's & PVC's.  They were constant & sometimes strong.  I called my Doctor & he said they should wear off in 5 to 7 days and not to take the 3rd. dose.  It's been almost 4 days & they are still with me, but not as strong.  But strong enough to keep me awake at night and, of course, anxious.  I could deal with it if there were only a few, but this is wearing me down.  Would this be considered an allergic reaction.  I am heart sensitive to some other anitbiotics and I don't take them.  I am adding Azithromycin to my allergy list.  Any info would be appreciated.  I'm a 63 yr. old female.  Thank You...
I have multiple arrhythmia problems but have never had trouble with azithromycin. So that tells me you definitely have a sensitivity or allergy to the medication.

Give it a few more days for the medication to work its way out of your system. You said you've noticed a slight improvement from 4 days ago. That's encouraging. Hang in there. If you're still having the premature beats after the time frame the doctor mentioned, give him a call.

I also have PVC's and PAC's every day but that's my norm. I understand how irritating they can be. Here's wishing yours will disappear.