Heart Rhythm Community
irregular heartbeat during sex

Join others experiencing Heart Rhythm issues. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

irregular heartbeat during sex

hi

for the past 3 years i have been having an irregular heartbeats during sex. my heartbeat slows down significanty during and returns to normal after sex. it has been barely managable until 4 months ago where the severity of it has become worse, weakness short of breath and chest pains after sex.

i have had stress test and ecg 3 years ago but nothing since it has gotten worse, i am currently waiting to see a cardiologist but the appointment is weeks away, any help or suggestions would be great

matt
Avatar n tn
i have also had pains in my chest and left arm to my chest for the past 3 years, but they have also increased within the last 4 months.
I do think you should be checked out by the cardio. My heart skips and flutters during sex but not to the degree you've mentioned. The chest and arm pains may turn out to be non-cardiac in nature. What's interesting is that your HR slows down rather than speeds up. Most folks get excited when they make whoopee :-)