Aa
A
A
Close
irregular heartbeat
Can a pinched nerve in your neck affect your heartbeat? I have had 4 abnormal EKG and yet the Echo and the treadmill tests show no problems. I never considered that the neck problem may be a cause. Any info would be greatly appreciated.  

Cancel
5 Answers
Page 1 of 1
612551 tn?1450025775
I don't know the answer, but will post to "bump" your question to the top of the list again, giving it more time for someone with a related experience to respond.

That said, I think it is possible that a pinched nerve, if it is causing pain/stress/anxiety, could cause irregular heartbeats.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
363281 tn?1353103243
Yes, it sure could. You see, I have trouble with my neck involving pinched nerves and also in my back, when these areas are "out" I noticed the irregularities more than other times. I would see a chiropractor and tell him what is going on, he will take some x-rays and then an adjustment, you just might be pleasantly surprised.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Thanks, I will check out the chiropractor angle. I had a couple pretty severe neck trauma's over the past couple years, one of which left me unconcious, so it actually makes sense.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
995271 tn?1463927859
There is some heart innervation coming out near T1 which involves parasympathetic nerves going to the heart.  I think it *might* cause certain types of arrhythmia like rate and/or premature contraction-type stuff.

I just went to a Chiro for chronic neck problems.  After x-ray even I could see my T1 was not aligned with the rest of my vertebrea.    I have chronic PVCs too but after some adjustment time I don't think it had anything to do with it.  While in treatment my PVCs got worse but I don't know if it was the Chiro stuff or something else.

It all depends on what made the EKG abnormal.  Was it arrhythmia or was it something like wave abnormalities?

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
24 hour monitor came back "multiple arrythmia"... echo showed nothing except for PVCs and treadmill stress test showed no issues.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Top Arrhythmias Answerers
Recent Activity
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank
Blank
Nsvt commented on nsvt
Dec 01
Blank
Karismatico commented on Marathon Running Done...
Nov 28
Heart Rhythm Community Resources