Heart Rhythm Community
just info

Join others experiencing Heart Rhythm issues. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

just info

I really don't have a question. I just wanted to share. I am a 56 yr old female and have had PVC's for about 31 years.I know what causes them, I just don't know the remedy. They are caused by small fibers in the bottom chambers of the heart called p erkengi fibers.  They get irritated and fire randomly which causes the heart to pause to fill with blood to supply the body with blood. That is why we feel the thump. I only get concerned when I get several in a row better known as vtach. That's when I worry about death.  It isn't likely but it is possible.  They are very scary and add unwanted stress. The Past week has been one of the worst for me that I can remember. Personally I jUst pray
PVCs can come from any structure in the ventricles, not just the Purkinje fiber.  A more common source is the right ventricular outflow tract.  Or, they could be multifocal, meaning random generation from various parts of the ventricles.