Heart Rhythm Community
long qt

A community of people experiencing Heart Rhythm concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

long qt

Hello

I have long qt version 1 and I'm on a low dose beta blockers. Can a person still live to a normal age with this condition or does more evidence point to early demise....... A morbid question I know but it's playing on my mind, just trying to remain positive Thanks for your time :)
Hi!

I believe we've spoken about this earlier, I hope you are doing fine.

The answer to your question is yes. You can get 100 years old and die from cancer with LQTS. That said, LQTS is a risk factor for arrhythmias, but people having the condition kept under control, avoiding substances that prolong QT, and getting treatment, can live a long and happy life.

However, we have no guarantees in life. Most of us wish for certainty that we will live a long and happy life, but sadly, we'll have to live with uncertainty. I guess accepting that part is a huge step towards finding a meaningful life.

We all have risk factors, most of us are unaware of them. Luckily you're aware of one of yours, and you're getting it kept under control with beta blockers. If you should develop severe arrhythmias, I'm sure your doctors will consider implanting an ICD.

Take care and have a nice weekend :)
You have spoken to me before sorry for being such a pain I think just with this and the wedding its turned my brain to mush :) I have followed every tinnie bit of advise ppl have give me it's been fab!

I'm sure I'll get over the fear factor soon in time it's just I'm struggling to believe people when they told me it was anxiety for over a year..... But I have to tell myself its not their fault and people makes mistakes even doctors which is a scary thought

I appreciate your help

Take care :)
By all means, you are not troubling us at all! It's fully understandable that you are afraid, and ask all the questions you would like! :)

jharpphcs added the Heart Rhythm Tracker
RHyslop joined this community
Welcome them!
May 06
SassyLassie commented on I had no idea there w...
May 06