Heart Rhythm Community
loop monitor for PVCs

Join others experiencing Heart Rhythm issues. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

loop monitor for PVCs

Just wondering if anyone can give me any info on wearing a 'loop monitor'. I'm wearing it for a week next week and I'm assuming its an event type monitor. Does anyone have any experience of these? Can I still carry on normally while wearing it e.g. showering etc. How much can you record on them? Any info greatly appreciated.

For anyone who read my last post, the cardiologist has decided to do this loop monitor and an echo instead of the 24 hr and exercise test due to my pregnancy. The bigeminy is still happening on and off but seem to have gone back to more single ones than before. So frustrating.
I wore one for 30 days.  It has to come off when you shower.  It can not get wet.  I think they all work about the same.  When I had mine I would push a button when I felt a symptom.  It would record the minute before and the minute after.  Then I would send the recording over the phone and they have cardios look at it right then.  They will tell you if it is something bad.  They will not tell you what it was but will say things like... Ok we will send this to your doctor.  Or I am sure if it were serious they would say to go to the ER.  Do you have PVCs or PACs..or do you know.  What is this being used for?
I wore an event monitor for 2 months at a time and it wasn't to bad after awhile. I just always made sure I had pants on that could accomidate the actual recorder.  The patches got annoying but it was easy to pop them off for a shower and alot of times i showered with the patches on and just reattached the wires after my shower and i was dried.
Ive been on several event monitors. Some for 30 days and twice on a 60 day monitor. A couple of times I was on a monitor called Life Watch. This type of monitor you have to push the record button when you feel any heart problems going on, then you have to send the recording over the phone to the center who in turn will look at the strip to make sure it came thru okay. Other times I've been on a Cardio Net monitor. This monitor does all the work. It automatically records an episodes you are having and sends it thru phone or cell towers. You do nothing but wear the thing. Everytime I have been on a monitor I went about my day as if I wasn't wearing one. My doctor wanted me to do my normal everyday activities. When you shower you just have to retach the wires. You can shower with the pads on. The only problem I had was the pads gave me a rash. Even the hypo allergenic ones. Other then that wearing a event monitor is no big deal.
Thanks very much for your info. Nice to know what to expect.