Heart Rhythm Community
lopressor use testimonies

Join others experiencing Heart Rhythm issues. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

lopressor use testimonies

has anyone used lopressor for heart palpatations and how did it effect it.  What side effects did you experience?
I've used Lopressor for years for rapid heartrate.  In November, 2008,  my pvcs started in full force.  My holter monitor captured about 2000 in a 24 hour period.  Now others in this forum have been much worse than mine.  Now mine have been worse before and after that holter reading.  That was actually a good day when that holter was on so mine is probably much worse than 2,000/day.  I haven't seen an EP yet.  I have an appointment in March.  When I went to my family doc with this,  we increased my Lopressor to 150mg twice a day.  That made me worse.  I was also on an antihypertensive, Hyzaar 150mg once a day.  Since  it became intolerable,  he switched me to Cardizem which was also intolerable so I wanted back on Lopressor.  That was the lessor of the two evils but he reduced me to 75mg twice a day and it seemed to make tolerable.  I still have them but I can cope with better.  The pvcs are not as bad or rapid.  So I would say, it was as successful as I am going to get until I can see this EP and get further testing done.  Now I hope you are not totally confused with all of this.  But it is a lot of trial and error to get the best combination.  Good luck with this.  I hope this helps.