Heart Rhythm Community
low or normal BP

Join others experiencing Heart Rhythm issues. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

low or normal BP

well its like this.. i have had intestinal ulcers since 12 years and usually my BP remains at about 90-95 systolic and 65-70 diastolic.. but sometimes it happens that my diastolic goes pretty low. yesterday at night it went to 44 and systolic was at 85-90.. i had no symptoms at all and only found ot after checking on electronic bp monitor.... so my question is, is it something dangerous or just bodies natural response or what ????
I am not sure if you can 100% trust at home monitors.  That said, if it was that low and you weren't experiencing any symptoms I wouldn't worry too much.  I would mention these readings to your doctor but I believe bp is more of an issue if it is consistently super low or super high.  So tracking it over a period of time to see if it needs managing.  I would say in general to make sure you are well hydrated.  Being a bit dehydrated can cause a person to have low bp.  But in general unless you are having troubling symptoms like shortness of breath, passing out, or severe chest pain you likely don't have too much to worry about.  Just keep an eye on it and if anything changes go see your doctor.  And of course I might mention your low bp to your doctor on your next visit to see what they have to say.  Take care.