missed beat with adrenaline rush
Hi all. about 5 weeks ago I went to the emergency room with tachycardia of 150-160 which lasted over 3 hours. Since then my heart has been missing beats and i have been experiencing what feels like and adrenaline rush at the same time, this only lasts for about 1 second and can occur up to 10-20 times a day and sometimes not for 2 or 3 days. Ive had a 24hr holter monitor which was clear (no episodes on that day) and 4 seperate ecgs which were all clear also. Im not convinced about them being panic/anxiety attacks as they usually happen when  im relaxed and im generally not a worrying person, although im starting to get a bit concerned about this. Does anyone have any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Rob
u could ask your doc for an event monitor -its the same as the holter but u keep it for a few weeks and only press it when u felt an eposide it traces back a few minutes so if u have an extra beat with a sudden fast heart rate u can have it recorded .
it can be difficult sometimes to record these rates as they leave no trace on a ekg so unless u are having a fast rate in the er an out of the blue ekg will not show it up
so ask for an event monitor and when u feel u are having an eposide get it recorded and take it from there
talk to your doc about this
what happened in the er to get your heart rate down from 150-160 did they say why it happened

ok
thanks for the post. They didn't give me anything to bring my heart rate back to normal, it just slowed down by itself. They didn't know what caused it, might have been an SVT. I'll talk to my doc on monday about an event monitor. cheers, rob
Sounds like what I had, I was diagnosed with SVT in November after having 2 episdoes. Never went to the ER. Try bearing dwon like you are going to make BM and hold your breath, it is called vagal manuvers it always worked for me and my mother has them and she has started doing this to stop them,
My EKG wre always just a "little abnormal" and I ended up carrying an event monitor for 30 days and it finally caught an episode at a heart rate of 243.
I just had an ablation to fix the problem this past monday, so hopefully it is gone for good. It is very important to find a good cardiologits. The first one I saw said nothing was wrong and my EKG was not that off, second one I saw gave me the event monitor and really helped me.
I hope i dont experience a heart rate of 243 or anything like it as 150 was bad enough. forgive my ignorance but whats an ablation? I'll definitely talk to my doctor about getting an event monitor. thanks for the info.